West Point Military Academy Tour & Hudson River Cruise
Join us for this wonderful day trip.
First, take an exciting guided tour of the United States Military Academy at West Point. Informative and fun, there is no better way to experience the sweep of America’s history than with a tour of West Point. Historic figures such as George Washington, Robert E. Lee, U.S. Grant, Douglas MacArthur, Dwight Eisenhower and even Benedict Arnold all have walked these grounds and contributed to West Point’s story. Along with the history and stories you will enjoy the breathtaking vistas of the Hudson Highlands, one of the most scenic spots in the Northeast.
This will be followed by time to have lunch (on your own) at a restaurant of your choice.
We will then continue our day with a cruise on the Hudson River.
The Pride of the Hudson offers a narrated tour of the Hudson Highlands. Relax in a fully enclosed, climate controlled main salon while enjoying the panorama of the majestic Hudson River through huge wrap-around windows or enjoy the passing scenery from spacious sundecks forward and topside.
- Bus departs Thompson Middle school at 6:30 a.m.
- Westpoint Tour 11:00 - 12:30 a.m.
- Lunch on your own 12:30 - 2:00 p.m.
- Board bus for Drive to Cold Spring (for cruise) 2:30 p.m.
- Hudson River Cruise 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Return home approximately 9:30 p.m.
- Note: There is a rest stop once during the each leg of this trip.
- IMPORTANT! All particpants age 16 and older are required to bring government issued photo ID (Driver's license, passport, etc.) in order to enter West Point.