Camp (Archive 2012)
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Thompson Recreation's Summer Adventure Camp is open to residents and non-residents ages 5 to 14. This day camp offers a variety of activities including sports, games, arts and crafts, nature, swimming, weekly themes, special events and field trips.
Quaddick State Park (Rain location Thompson Middle School)
Camp will be open for seven weeks July 1 through August 16 (no camp July 4 & 5)
Camp hours are 9:00 a.m. - 3:55 p.m.
Before/After Care is available from 7:15 until 5:30 for an additional fee (Held at the Lib/Com Center)
Field trips are offered on some camp days. If you attend camp on a field trip day, you must register for the trip. If you select a trip, you must also register for the camp day.
School bus transportation is available in Thompson. For routes, see Form 6 below.
Early Bird Pricing through June 21:
All Seven Weeks 5 days/week: Residents: $495; Non-residents: $560
Full Week: Residents: $80; Non-residents: $90
Daily: Residents: $18; Non-residents: $20
Prices beginning June 22:
Full Week: Residents: $85; Non-residents: $100
Daily: Residents: $20; Non-residents: $24
10% discount for each child in a family after the 2nd child registered. Discount must be made in office.
ADDITIONAL FORMS THAT MUST BE COMPLETED FOR A CHILD TO ATTEND CAMP:
1. Hospital/Medical Information Form - Mandatory
2. Release Form: includes Authorization of Release of a Child, Sunscreen/Bug Spay Permission, and Hold Harmless Agreement - Mandatory
3. A copy of your child's physical, with immunization record, from a physical within the past 36 months - Mandatory
4. If your child has a prescribed or over-the-counter medication that will be used during the program, you must submit a completed Medication Authorization Form.
5. If your child has a prescirbed Epi-pen, you must submit a completed Epi-Pen Form.
You may print all forms from the Files/Forms area below this section.
Free transportation within Thompson; camp bus routes listed on Form 6
The Camp Parent Handbook can be viewed on-line in Form 7.
Scholarships available through TEEG. Call 860-923-3458 or see Link below.
Financial aid available through Care4Kids. Call 888-214-5437 or see Link below.