Line dancing is a fun way to exercise, stay in shape and to meet new people. It helps develop balance, coordination, stamina and rhythm - and it is a great memory enhancer to boot. We have a great group of friendly folks and we hope you join us.
We offer two levels of instruction:
Absolute Beginner through Beginner
This class is for those who have little or no line dance experience. Each week you will learn dances which will introduce you to basic footwork commonly found in line dance choreography and review the dances taught the previous week. By the end of the eight weeks you will have learned eight or more popular dances and will be dancing up a storm to great music including Pop, Oldies, Disco, Funk, Country, Latin, Folk and more. Step sheets for each dance will be available to take home. These are helpful for practicing for the next class.
High Beginner through Intermediate
This class is taught at an intermediate level; it is assunmed that participants have had at least 6 months of basic line dance instruction. Each week you will learn one or two popular and/or classic line dances while honing your dance skills. By the end of the eight weeks, you will have learned eight or more of the most popular dances done to great music including Pop, Oldies, Disco, Funk, Country, Latin, Folk and more. Step sheets for each dance will be available to take home. These are helpful for practicing for the next class.
- New Instructor: Forty Arroyo
- No experience necessary. Experienced Dancers and Beginners welcome.
- Ages 12 & up. Ages 12 - 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Soft soled-shoes are required.
- Financial Assistance my be available for this program.
- It is very important to make every class and to arrive on time since we begin promptly and each class builds on the previous week.
- Early Bird prices are in effect until one week prior to the program start date. Price will increase by $5.00 at check-put for payment within one week of the class start date.